Monday, July 09, 2007

UI, Sore Throat and Malaria

And so i rushed down from Lagos last saturday to make sure i do not dissapoint the organisers of a Forex Seminar that i have earlier being invited for. With the speed of the chartered peugeot 504 and the smartness of the driver for not taking the Lagos Ibadan express way, i got to Ibadan approximately 3 hours 20 minutes after we took off. The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was already jampacked with worshippers attending the MFM and RCCG programmes. For the first time in many years, i travelled through Ijebu Ode, via ajah and somehow noticed that we got to Ibadan. I must have slept off in the vehicle as i woke up at a police checkpoint. I was quite exhausted from the previous night presentation at Ostra halls and Hotels. I could'nt sleep early enough at the hotel as i had to prepare my presentation for the following day.
I was lucky enough to get into the hall at the faculty of law 5 minutes before the start of my preentation. I heaved a sigh of relieve as the moderator invited me up stage to start my presentation on how to start trading using fundamental analysis.

After gisting with the seminar attendees for about 5 minutes to put them into a relaxed atmosphere, i noticed that most of them were not quite interested in various terms of forex or detailed analysis of news and other concepts. I swept my night-prepared presentation under the carpets and start to teach without using the presentation. I explained the concept of Hedging, Pending orders and how to place a trade during news times. I also offer them couple of my trading signals for free( and of course, they need to demotrade it) and entered and exit positions on a metatrader platform so as to simulate the concept of trading.

In the end, i motivated by telling them the tools needed to trade. Personally, apart from a computer with an internet connection, i told them that they need couple of other things like:
1. The desire to learn
2.the determination to succeed
3. The patience to get use to the trading platform
4. The ability to stomach risks

I also explain the concept of forex market taboos, which are GREED, FEAR and EMOTIONS.

I left the programme later on after i had zealously fulfilled my course.

************************************************************************

Today is the second day after the seminar, and i am already feeling the pains of not resting. Right now, i have a sore throat and heavy malaria. I guess i got malaria for sleeping in an area infested with stagnant pools. Hard-life you call it, but at least, one must experience this to know how it feels to live in a disadvantage area.

A staff was kind enough to take some pictures of me while teaching during the seminar on my Nokia 3220. I promise to upload the nice ones as soon as i get to download them on my PC. But right now......i got to rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home